Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Chapter 4: The News

After spending some time in the bathroom, Georgia finally gets her results from that rectangular device - a pregnancy test.

Georgia: It's positive!!!


She was jumping up and down and exclaiming. She was so overjoyed. She couldn't wait to tell Chance - although she knows he'd be soundly sleeping.


Georgia: Maybe I should wait for Chance to wake up before I tell him. Oh little tyke, I hope you're doing okay in there. Mommy's here.

Georgia kept rubbing her tummy and mumbling sweet nothings to the child inside her.

Morning comes, and Chance went to work early therefore forcing Georgia to wait a bit more until Chance comes home. Now that she's pregnant, she doesn't have to go to work.


She spends most of her time watching television, and somewhat has an inclination towards watching silly cartoons.

TV blaring - "Hoppity-hop we go, until we reach the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow!"


She has also been craving a lot of food.

Georgia: mmm... peanut butter...

And eating lots of them.


Georgia: I didn't know being pregnant can blow me up like this... but hell who cares?


Chance finally arrived home in his not-so-ostentatious luxury car.

Chance: Wonder what's for dinner... *tummy grumbles*

Chance went in and was looking for Georgia. He found her wandering around in their backyard. Georgia's bump is so obvious - she seems to get fatter every minute - that there's no need to even tell Chance she's pregnant.

Georgia: Chance! You're home!
Chance: Hey... ooof... what's that bump there? Been spending your day eating, honey?


Georgia: Oh Chance, you buffoon. I have something to tell you!
Chance: You've finished all the chocolates again?
Georgia: NO! Well actually I left a bit for you... anyway! That's not what I want to tell you. I'm pregnant!!!
Chance: Woah! I'm going to be a father? I'm going to be a dad?!?

Chance was ecstatic and can't keep his joy!


Chance: Hey there little darling... I'm your dad...


Chance: Can you hear me? I sure can hear you... *chuckles*
Georgia: I think it's a boy.
Chance: No, I think it's a girl.
Georgia: *laughs* How do you know?
Chance: Father's instinct.
Georgia: I still think it's a boy. He kicks pretty strong.


Chance: *whispers* I can't wait until you come out little one.

1 comment:

  1. lol You ate all the chocolates. Love that line. You are keeping us in suspense about what this baby will look like :-D

    ReplyDelete