Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chapter 6: The Worry

"Oh Darla, I'm so glad you came. I don't know what else to do." Georgia was saying as they sat down on the couch.
"Babe, I know when something's up. You won't call me for nothing. So tell me what happened." Darla Hollingsworth responded.


Darla is one of Georgia's oldest friends. When they moved to Riverview, Georgia immediately contacted her old friend. Darla and her family moved into the town several years ago before the Brendons had. Darla is also the only person in town who knows the real reason why Georgia chose to move there.


"She just called you know. I don't even know how she got my number. She just wouldn't stop would she? She wants to make my life a living hell." Georgia was on the verge of tears, but her anger gets the best of her. "I won't let her do this again. I won't let her."


"Honey, slow down. I know how she is. You just need to consider things first."
"But not now Darla! Not when I'm about to have my first child!"
"That's exactly it. You can't be worrying all the time. You'd be giving birth to a depressed baby!"


"Hmmm you're right." Georgia's expression softened at the mention of her baby. "I can't wait for him... or her you know... I just know Chance and I will have a beautiful baby!," she almost sang.
"That's exactly what I've been telling you about. Don't worry too much about it."
"Thanks Darla. I hope so too... I also hope she won't bother me again."

1 comment:

  1. Oooh you are keeping us in suspense aren't you. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete